High Country Association of REALTORS News

Live the Dream STAT: Congratulations to Class of 2011



High School Graduation  
670 - Number of high school seniors, combined, who graduated this year from the region's three high schools: Watauga High, Ashe County High and Avery County High.

Congratulations to the Class of 2011! One door is now closed. Countless have been opened!

At Watauga High, 301 seniors received diplomas. Overall, the class earned almost $4 million in scholarship money.


Of the 301 WHS seniors who graduated, 85 percent have post-secondary education plans, and most of the other 15 percent have full-time jobs lined up or are going to the military, Jane Rogers, WHS senior counselor, said. ...

According to the Watauga County Schools spring newsletter, the four-year graduation rate is 82 percent, which is higher than the state average of 74.2 percent.


In Ashe County, the 218-strong senior class attracted about $1.4 million in scholarship awards. Avery County High graduated more than 150 students.

Congratulations again to all the graduates! Bet when it came time to walk the stage, you couldn't way to jump in the line. Rock your body in time. (OK, I believe you!)