Become a REALTOR® Member of the High Country Association
You must have a valid North Carolina Real Estate License. Information on obtaining a Real Estate License can be found at the North Carolina Real Estate Commission. Download the licensing information booklet here.
Additionally, you must submit an Application for REALTOR® along with a $325.00 application fee and REALTOR® dues, which will vary depending on your membership type and date of application.
PRIMARY: If you have never been or are not now an active REALTOR® member of another Association/Board within the state of North Carolina.
SECONDARY IN-STATE: If you are currently a REALTOR® member of another Association/Board within the state of North Carolina.
SECONDARY OUT-OF-STATE: If you are currently a member of another Association/Board in a state other than North Carolina.
BOARD OF CHOICE: If you are currently a REALTOR® member of another Association/Board or MLS and want to declare your primary board as your Board of Choice.
Subscribe to the High Country Multiple Listing Service
You must be affiliated with an existing High Country MLS firm or open a new firm.
To subscribe to the High Country MLS by affiliating with an existing High Country MLS firm, you must submit a completed Application for Mulitple Listing Service - REALTOR®/Subscriber and pay the $325.00 application fee.
To open a new firm in the High Country MLS, you must submit a completed Application for Multiple Listing Service - Office/Member Participant and pay the $2,000.00 office application fee and $325.00 member participant application fee. In order to open a new firm, you must be the Broker-in-Charge of that firm as reflected on the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
It is possible to subscribe to the High Country MLS without being a REALTOR® member of the High Country Association. However, you must provide a Letter of Good Standing from your Primary Association/Board indicating you have paid National and State REALTOR® dues and have no Code of Ethics violations against you. To join as an MLS-only member, you must:
- Be affiliated with an existing High Country MLS firm, or
- Open a new firm as Broker-in-Charge
Why Become a REALTOR®?
- Membership in the High Country Association of REALTORS® offers opportunities and benefits at the local, state, and national level.
- Not everyone who has a real estate license is a REALTOR®. The term is a registered trademark reserved for members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR).
- NAR is composed of REALTORS® who are involved in residential and commercial real estate as brokers, salespeople, property managers, appraisers, counselors and others engaged in all aspects of the real estate industry.
- Founded in 1908, NAR has grown from its original nucleus of 120 to today’s 720,000 members and is the world’s largest professional association offering numerous Member Benefits.
- The NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NCAR) is North Carolina’s largest and oldest trade association: a professional organization with a solid reputation for service to its members and the public since 1921.